Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ah the Feet

I’ve always been hard on my feet. Even when I was a kid I wasn’t very kind to my feet. I was pidgin toed and flat footed so I had to wear corrective shoes. I always tried to hide my feet from the other kids because I couldn’t wear the cute shoes the other girls wore. I remember I once snuck a pair of sandals out of the house in the morning so I could wear them on a class field trip to the zoo. Of course, this resulted in me getting huge blisters by the end of the day and I had to have my feet bandaged for days after. Well they say with age comes wisdom. So now that I am an adult, I try to take better care of my big flat feet.

Recently I went to the Preston Wynne Day Spa in Saratoga. I treated my feet to the amazing Rock and Rose spa pedicure. One word: Divine! I highly recommend this indulgence for anyone. As I sat in the very comfy chair and in between dozing off for moments, I did some thinking about feet and how important they are to me every day and how often they go unattended.

Our feet are our foundation. According the ancient art of reflexology, they hold a direct link to the organs of the body. The belief is that pressure applied to the right spot on the foot can effect a change in the corresponding organ. The practice has its roots in ancient civilizations dating back thousands of years. There is also documented evidence that a form of what we know as reflexology was practiced in Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America. Each civilization had its own variation, but the root was the same, manipulation of the feet to affect health. Here is a fun interactive foot chart developed by Barbara and Kevin Kunz Foot Chart

Whether or not you believe in this alternative health practice, you cannot deny the amazing feeling a good foot massage gives you. But it’s not just the massage that makes you feel so wonderful, it’s the entire pamper process. From the exfoliation of the dead skin cells to the sultry soaking in seas salts then it’s finished off with a moisturizing rub to give your feet that soft supple feeling. The icing on the cake is dressing up your toes with pretty colors of polish (preferably from a formaldehyde free polish).

If you just can’t seem to find the time (or the money) to go to the day spa, then we can recommend the following Trés Spa products you can use at home to pamper yourself. For a deep foot scrub, we recommend either the Java Bean scrub or the Sea scrub. Once you’ve given your feet a good scrubbing, take the time to soak them in a warm water bath of the Trés Spa Bath salts or the Royal Silk Milk Bath (you only need a tablespoon or two for a foot bath). Finish off your at home spa treatment with one of the Trés Spa Whipped Body Butters. Massage the butter over the entire foot, giving it the extra time to absorb in. Your feet will thank you for it!

Please remember to step carefully if you have applied lotion or butter the bottom of your feet. You may want to put socks or slippers on after.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...
    Actually, to be very honest with you. I am facing the same problem and It seems that it will work... First, I will talk to an expert about it.... I am sure in this way I will be able to resolve my problem... Thanks for the blog...

    ReplyDelete