Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aloha Kukui!

I love Hawai’i. I have had the good fortune of having been there a time or two and have visited all but one of the islands that make up this heavenly state. The first thing that struck me when I de-planed was the distinct aroma of tropical flowers carried on the breeze. Of course that would be the first thing I noticed and one of the most impacting memories I hold. Spending my life entrenched in the natural aroma of plant based oils has its perks!
Of course it does not take long to notice the stunning views and the vibrant colors of the tropical flora. If you are planning a trip for yourself, I highly recommend taking one of the helicopter rides to view the terrain from above. Even though I have a huge fear of heights, I bit the bullet and flew over not just one but two of the islands and I am so glad I did.
One of the little gems I brought back with me is the Kukui Nut. In Hawai’i the Kukui earned a reputation as a symbol of enlightenment, protection, and peace. It is the state tree for Hawai’i. The Polynesians made good use of the tree and its fruits and they are vast and varied. One of the most noticeable qualities of the nuts is the high content of oil it produces.
So what’s in it for me you may be asking. It is an amazing moisturizer that rapidly absorbs into the skin leaving silky smooth skin without the feeling of greasiness. Kukui Nut Oil contains Vitamins A, C, and E, providing anti-oxidants that help to protect the skin. What the Polynesians have known for centuries is that the oil from the Kukui can help protect the skin from salt water, harsh sun and drying winds. It has been said that the oil is excellent for dry skin, mature skin, psoriasis, eczema or any severe skin condition.
At Très Spa we used the cold pressed oils in Naked body oil and apres Soliel (after sun) body oil.
To learn more about Trés Spa products, visit us on line at http://tresspa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment