Saturday, February 19, 2011

What was I thinking?!

Out here in the rain and the cold at the Santa Clara Farmers market and wondering what was I thinking?! There was hardly anyone out today even though the weather looked promising when I woke up. The sun was shining and while it was a bit chilly the skies were clear. So clear, you could see the snow kissed mountain peaks of the Diablo foothills. A rare sight for the normally warmer temperatures for the Bay Area. All in all I thought it might work out to be a nice day.


So I set out to the market hoping the rains would hold off for a while. I needed to be at the market today because I had promised one of my regular customers I would be there. No sooner had I set up then the weather changed. In came the big rain clouds and the mist began to change to full on rain as the clouds began to pile on top of each other. No wonder my other artist friends decided not to show up today! I think they must have checked the weather channel first.


Ah well. I’m here so might as well make the best of it! Still, there are many other things I could be doing and doing them in much warmer places that are dry. But then, just when I was in the middle of this mental dialog, two ladies walk into my booth. They were happily chatting with each other and then one turned to me and greeted me warmly. While I don’t see her often, she announced that she is one of my customers. Normally she is orders on line. She wanted to thank me for the little surprise gift I gave her in her last web order. Then she went on to tell her friend how much she loves Très Spa products and how she stays connected on the Très Spa news letter and told her friend that Très Spa also has a fan page on Facebook.

On they went chatting with each other and with me and walking around sampling and smelling and selecting the treasures for the day. I tell you the two of them were like little rays of sunshine for me. They also gave me tips and told me of places they had been and thought I should go too because they thought Très Spa would be wonderful for the people at the event. No sooner had they left, then one of my other regular customers had shown up. The one I promised I would be here for. We had a nice chat as well.

Rain? What rain? Cold? Really, I didn’t notice! It was a perfect day to be at the market after all. Now I know why I was out here in the cold wet weather, it’s a perfect time for me to visit with customers who mean so much to me. Thank you for making a difference and brining the sunshine with you. For your kind words of encouragement and for your inspiration.

P.S. The shower curtain side walls work perfectly!

To learn more about Très Spa or to shop our on-line store, visit us at http://www.tresspa.com/

You can follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fan page.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am hoping you can help me! I am a henna artist and I am interested in making a henna body butter (adding either henna paste or henna powder) to a butter. I know of the beneficial qualities henna has for the skin. I also think a soap would be great. LOVE the smell of henna attar and think that might be fun to add as well. I don't want to have my focus become soap/skin care products, I'm just looking for a few extras to add to my henna tent. I have no idea how much to add and am rather intimidated! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracy, Personally I don't have experience with Henna beyond the occasional tattoo. I would recommend you either work with a private formulator or find a person who already makes these products with Henna. You might want to search through Indie Beauty Network for independent cosmetic creators. Some of them may be able to private label for you in small batches. That way you can have a well crafted skin care product or two that is safe for your customers.

    ReplyDelete